Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Tantalizing Tuesday Teaser

Tantalizing Tuesday is all about writing 200 word Tantalizing Teasers, inspired by a personal picture prompt to post on Tuesdays. The emphasis is on having fun, pictures can be anything that takes our fancy. I hope you enjoy what we have to offer.

"Free image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net".
 
 
Kranz couldn’t believe the shit this freak was spouting. What was his problem and why wasn’t anyone shutting the guy up?
What the heck was going on? Derric wouldn’t look him straight in the eyes and the others were acting as if he’d just peed in the punch bowl. All he’d done was told the annoying, muscle bound Jersey Shore reject to leave his friend alone and suddenly the air seemed to get cold and quiet. “Did you just challenge me?” The other vampire’s nasally accent seemed to bounce around the room echoing off the walls and ringing in his ears. “Challenge you . . . what are we playing dodge ball or something?”
Not waiting for a response Kranz walked out of the club without a backward glance. This was just too strange to contemplate and his head hurt. He’d been through too much in these last weeks to waste his time on some smart ass. He needed to come to terms with his new existence and find out where he fit in to this new world.
“Man, you can’t confront Horn and just walk off in front of all those witnesses.” Derric had caught up and wasn’t happy.

Don't forget to check out my fellow Teasers!!

9 comments:

Julez S Morbius said...

Always love a vampire tale hopefully there will be more excellent

Molly Synthia said...

Great tease. You make me desperate to know why it was a challenge, why he shouldn't have walked out, what the consequences will be. I loved it.

Fabulous!

Don Abdul said...

Great tease Cyril; I'm dying for answers to so many questions right now that I hope you're posting a follow up next week.

gemma parkes said...

Good story Cyril, l enjoyed it very much!

diannehartsock said...

Ah ha! I think the plot's about to thicken... Great tease! I want to read the whole story. :)

Paloma Beck said...

Makes me want more... a definite tease... well done.

Naomi said...

Excellent, there is a lot more to happen in this story. You left me curious about so many things

Jake Malden said...

The dynamic of this piece is very strong. Dropping the reader into the middle of the aggro works a treat. The vampire angle only adds to the drama. A very good tease - one that sounds like it could go interesting places.

Yvonne Nicolas said...

Ooo, a vamper flash. I love anything that has to deal with fangs. LOL! The comment about dodge ball cracked me up. This intrigued me and made me want more. However, I don’t really see how the tale was drawn from the image. Nevertheless, great flash!