Friday 13 April 2012

Flash Fiction Friday -- Centerfold

We have a picture about which we write a story of 100 words, no more and no less.

To see the other members click this blog link: Flasher Fiction Friday



Centerfold

Centerfold -- the J. Geils Band song kept playing in his head. Brian couldn’t believe his eyes. She had been so shy. He was having a hard time equating this assertive woman with his wallflower high school friend. Perhaps looking her up on one of these social networking sites wasn’t such a great idea. He’d always felt guilt and regrets when it came to memories of his sweet Maryanne. He’d known she had romantic feelings for him. Feelings he couldn’t return but he’d never been brave enough to tell her the reason for his rejection was because he was gay.

13 comments:

Naomi Shaw said...

Lovely flasher, sweet and tinged with sadness. Well done

gemma parkes said...

Ah, lovely, it would be really strange to see someone you went to school with naked in a mag wouldn't it, must happen though!

Kendel Davi said...

Very nice with some sweet emotions. Nice Cyril!

Bonni S. said...

Sweet but sad too. She wanted him and he wanted her boyfriend. lol. Maybe they could be friends. Excellent flash.

ER Pierce said...

I agree this is sweet and sad. Awesome post CJM. It would be a bit weird, I think, to see a friend from HS naked in a magazine :D Cool take.

Katie Harper said...

Poor guy. Maryann would have understood. She would have stood next to him and rooted for him. She wouldn't have let anyone be mean to him. She loved him that much. And if he wanted children one day, she would have volunteered her uterus. Am I right? GREAT JOB!!

S.J. Maylee said...

So sweet- I loved your twist on this. I have the image of this HS wallflower all blossomed into a centerfold, but than there is the story of Brian too
well done imagery

VenusBookluvr said...

Can't get that song out of my head!!

Loved this FFF and I agree you so need to continue this!

Muffy Wilson said...

Oh, with what a sweet purple haze of rapture we remember our past. Love lost by decision not by death or distance. When honesty would have brought them closer, perhaps, forever. Close the distance, repair the past and banish the sadness. So sweet, so sad, so much room for more, Cyril. I say more!!:) xo

Davee Jones said...

She probably thinks it's her. Hope he lets her know....

Unknown said...

Oh wow! This was good. I remember the song well. He's looking at pics of an old friend doing someothing he never thought she would do? I think she has gotten over him love. I think she has come out of her shell and moved on. But I loved the Flash! Good job.

S.Lira said...

Very sweet flasher with a tinge of bitter! Nicely done!

Sherry Palmer said...

Loved it. Too bad more people couldn't be their "true" selves. They probably missed out on some great friendships because of it. I know I kept myself "hidden" all through High School and I am learning to "hide" again. It is much safer and sooooooo very much less painful. And that is a said thing to see.