Friday 29 June 2012

Flash Fiction Friday

We have a picture about which we write a story of 100 words, no more and no less.

To see the other members click this blog link: Flasher Fiction Friday



If Penny hadn't said something he would have let their families talk him into marrying her. Penny gave a bitter laugh and he couldn't quite meet her eyes as he whispered an apology for the punishing kiss he’d given her.

"You love my brother. The family will get over it when the heirs don't toe the line. Live your lives for yourselves. Be happy." When he met her eyes he found them full of encouragement and love and Benson knew he truly was gifted with a friend like Penny.

He stepped out the library doors and headed for his future.

10 comments:

Naomi Shaw said...

Great flash. I hope the family understand about who he really loves. Penny is a good friend

Savannah Chase said...

Great flasher..I agree with Naomi, I hope they do understand.

Leann Mitchell said...

Great Flash!

Angelica Dawson said...

Not anything I would have expected from that picture, but a good flash piece.

Julian Spong said...

Very nice flash

VenusBookluvr said...

Fabulous Flasher! I love how this photo inspired you and I'd love to read more about these characters.

VenusBookluvr said...

Fabulous Flasher! I love how this photo inspired you and I'd love to read more about these characters.

S.J. Maylee said...

a goodbye and thank you kiss of sorts, what a refreshing take on the picture and a beautiful moment in a bigger story. Excellent flash.

Unknown said...

Fantastic post! I love that you expanded on what is happening in the picture to a much broader scene. It really must have inspired!!

Bonni S. said...

The family might as well accept it and move on. He needs his man. Great post.